Happy Valentine’s Day!
Quick post that I wanted to share (if you were looking for a tasty side dish for your delicious homemade Valentine’s dinner… quick-roasted broccoli with goat cheese and walnuts! The kicker that makes this more exciting is how you season the broccoli… which is generously. Enjoy!
Roasted Broccoli with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into 1 inch florets (remove the bulk of the stem to avoid tough pieces)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 heaping cup of chopped walnuts
- ½ cup of crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your olive oil, salt, pepper, shallot. Whisk to combine, and gently toss your broccoli in the dressing, making sure the florets are completely coated. Spread across a parchment lined (or greased) baking sheet in a single layer. Roast the broccoli for 20-25 minutes, until the broccoli starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, we prep the toppings. In a small bowl, whisk together your garlic and lemon juice, and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, add the walnuts and toast over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Do not use any oil – they should remain dry to stay crisp. Once they start to slightly brown, remove from heat and place on a plate to prevent further toasting.
- When the broccoli is finished, remove from oven and sprinkle with toasted walnuts and goat cheese. Gently toss with lemon and garlic mixture, and serve.