This is the week for easy things.
Easy (somewhat) workweek for me, Wednesday is my Friday! I’m more tired than normal – waking up at 4 really feels like waking up at 3a, sitting in traffic is painful, dragging my dog out for a walk in the cold is painful…. I’m just tired. I’m really excited to just do whatever I want this Thursday and Friday.. and Monday, because I took that day off, too.
My pickles were a surprising hit — I figured something so easy wouldn’t be so popular. The best part about them is once you put them in the fridge, you work is done. All you need to do is wait for them to turn into their pickle-y greatness and then eat them. So, what’s next?
Well, until I start whipping out my St. Patrick’s Day recipes… enjoy this delightful salsa! It literally couldn’t be easier. I am a stickler for chopping things meticulously and with love, however… sometimes you want the goods without struggling to get it all done. This makes that delicious texture you get at Mexican restaurants with the fresh flavor of a good pico de gallo… the easiest part? Get your tomatoes canned. Seriously – it cuts down the time and effort when you’re in a pinch. Plus, you can doctor it up however you like! I like to keep a few seeds left over so my salsa has a bit of kick to it.
Easy Restaurant Salsa (Paleo, Vegan)
prep time: 20 min
cook time: ~10 min
makes about 2 15 oz jar of pickles
- 1 large can of whole peeled plum tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans of petit diced tomatoes, juice included
- 1 small yellow onion, loosely chopped
- 1 medium bunch of cilantro
- 1 poblano pepper, stems and seeds removed
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and stems removed (set aside a few seeds if you prefer a bit more heat)
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Note: if you prefer spicy salsa, add your jalapeno seeds.
- Pulse until your desired texture is achieved. I prefer mine to be pretty uniform, slightly runny… so I let mine blend for at least 20 seconds. Salsa can be stored for up to 7 days in the fridge.