Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! What an eventful weekend.
The weekend started out pretty intense – a few friends and I dedicated an evening to belief clearing through muscle testing, and that was followed by my Level I Reiki class and certification the next day. An interesting thing, doing all of that healing in a very condensed timeframe… I turned into a bit of a crazy person for the next 48 hours. A lot of intense releasing of negative energy, beliefs, etc, down to a molecular level. But that’s a story for another time. On a side note, my crystals have been EVERYWHERE. Including some in the below picture. I love them, don’t judge.
I was on a baking FRENZY this weekend! I bought bananas, which is never a good idea. I waste fruit, too often. When I was food prepping very strictly when I thought I wanted to do a physique show, I really limited my fruit intake. I think I’ve convinced myself I don’t want, need or like fruit, which is a bummer. Nevertheless, I bought a bunch of bananas and let them fester on the counter until I absolutely had to do something with them. These babies were born.
I think I could probably add some dark chocolate chunks to them to make them a little more indulgent, but I’ll save that for when I know I can give some away (so that I don’t eat all of them). I hope you like them! 🙂
Orange Banana Spiced Breakfast Muffins (Paleo)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Makes 12 muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/8 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (unflavored is fine)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your muffin tin lightly with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among cups – the muffin cups should be about ¾ full so they don’t overflow and bake over the sides.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until starting to turn golden on top. Check if they are done by sticking a knife or toothpick into a middle muffin – if it’s clean, they’re finished. Let cool, and serve!
Optional: if you’re feeling extra indulgent, spread a little ghee over them. Otherwise – I wrap them individually and take them for breakfast 🙂