Rosemary Thyme Roasted Skillet Potatoes (Vegan, Gluten-free!)
I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Unfortunately for me, I had a really bad cold all of last week so while I did get to eat a ton of delicious food, I couldn’t really taste it 😦 But! that’s no reason to leave some goodies out! Have some leftover potatoes? This is a super easy treat that will impress your guests… because who doesn’t love potatoes?
Rosemary Thyme Roasted Skillet Potatoes
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 90 min
- 5-6 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil, or ghee
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced or grated
- 1 ½ tbsp thyme, minced; plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ tbsp rosemary, minced
- ~ 1 tsp of sea salt, plus more to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
Optional: not vegan, but you can broil them with some parmesan for a few minutes once they’re cooked!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Thinly slice potatoes using a mandoline sliceror food processor with the slicing attachment. Arrange potatoes upright in a 10″ cast iron skillet.
- In a pan over low heat, add ghee or olive oil and allow to warm. Add rosemary, thyme and garlic and simmer for about 5-7 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent the garlic from burning. Remove from heat and pour evenly over potatoes, using a brush to spread the herbs and garlic evenly. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven to cook for 1-1/2 hours. If potatoes start to brown or burn too quickly, turn the heat down. Likewise – if they appear they aren’t crisping fast enough, turn the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Once potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and serve.