Y’all it’s fall! And it was WINDY today!
I’ve been hitting the gym pretty hard, so I’m not sure if that’s why I’m more hungry, or… if I am nearing hibernation. But I’ve needed to make some more heartier lunches and dinners…. So with a good protein, I’ve been enjoying some really good salads. It’s been a challenge to get my fats in as much as possible, especially with the weather turning – I am a carb-aholic, and potatoes when the weather’s cold just seems like the right thing to do.
Also, I just realized I am emotionally eating because tomorrow is one of the most intense Election Days in the history of America. I also have not done my annual haul of buying-sweaters-I-can’t-fit-into-my-closet, so the act that I have no exciting parties to look forward to stings a little, too. I suppose the first reason is a bigger problem concern than sweaters, but we cope how we can.
Not a lot more to say – I wanted to get this recipe out in time for dinner in case anyone was looking for a good recipe for a fall salad!
Fall Harvest Salad with Parmesan, Cranberries and Pecans (Gluten-Free!)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: n/a
- 4 cups of Spring mix, rinsed (if not pre-washed)
- 1/2 cup shaved/shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, or craisins
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 small shallot, minced
- For the dressing
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 3 tbsp cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Adjust flavors as necessary.
- Add your spring mix to a large bowl, along with your shallot, cranberries, pecans and parmesan. Mix together thoroughly.
- Dress salad, mixing half of the dressing into the salad at a time to ensure you don’t drown the salad. Garnish with additional parmesan, if desired. Serve with salmon or on the side with some chicken!