Hey ya’ll. It’s JULY. Or rather, it July this weekend. How crazy is that? I’m headed to the beach tomorrow but last night I had the chance to cook some delicious FOOD! Getting some ideas on what to feed the crowd when down at the beach.
Really nothing crazy going on recently, just a lot of the same busy stuff. I am getting my Reiki Level II in July, so that’s new! I can’t wait. I’ll be able to do distance Reiki, so if anyone will need me… I’ll be around. 🙂
In other news… the full moon was last night – it was the Strawberry Moon, which marks the close of peak Strawberry season. This particular full moon falls under the sign of Capricorn. Hardworking, steadfast, balanced and grounded are what we need to channel now and going forward after this full moon. Capricorn is represented by the Mountain Goat. As I write this, I realize now why I’ve been having so many thoughts about goats… I needed to really dig into that energy. I was just telling a good friend that she was appearing in my dreams, and she became a goat shepherd. I guess my elaborate dreams are a story for another time.
Mountain goats are quirky, but are even-keeled, have incredible balance, and are extremely resilient and determined with every step they take up the vertical pitches of a mountain. As we work through this energy during the full moon, it’s important to remember that we can adventure during this time because of how prevalent this grounding energy is.
Just like the mountain goat trusts its footing, also need to trust our place and be sure of where we are. Everything is as it should be, and now is the time to trust the existence of balance and go for what we want. Can I get an AMEN, ladies and gentlemen?
I’ll have more fun stuff to post about once I get to the beach… there’s a new boat waiting for me to lay around like a total slug on and not do anything active. Just kidding, I’m determined to run each morning when I’m down there. Gonna have to, because I’ll be eating a WHOLEEEEE lot. Starting with a solid breakfast!
This is delicious and a really an easy way to make breakfast for crowd, or to roll into patties and freeze for later. I bagged the rest of mine up to bring to the beach! Lord knows those boys can eat.
On that note… short, sweet and to the point. Bon Appetit 🙂
Apple Sage and Onion Breakfast Sausage Patties (Paleo!)
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 15 min
Makes about 12-14 small patties, 8-10 large patties
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- pinch of ground cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, combine onion and apple and ~ 1 tbsp of your preferred oil. Sauté until browned, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and allow to cool.
- Once sausage has cooled off, combine the pork, garlic powder, sage, thyme, coconut sugar, cayenne pepper, cloves and salt and pepper. Use more salt than you think you’d need – I likely used a heaping tbsp of sea salt, and ½ tsp of black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll into patties of your desired size. If freezing and saving for later, and chill for at least 20-30 minutes before freezing, so they keep their shape. If cooking immediately, heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add another tbsp of your preferred oil and sauté until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes each side.