So, I had big plans to post something totally different. Then, I thawed something else and decided to cook it, and it turned out so nice I have to post it.
I’m trying to get in all of my seafood ideas before the weather turns – that way, I can start to cook pumpkin, squash, pumpkin squash, more pumpkin, fall, squash. It’s that time of year and I am jones-in’ for some fall.
I don’t have a lot else to say about this, so I may as well get right to it. This recipe is paleo and keto friendly, and it’s literally one of the easiest salmon recipes I’ve made in a long time.
Oven-Baked Salmon with Garlic Chili Lime Butter (Paleo, Keto-friendly!)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 4oz boneless salmon filets, skin removed
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or pressed
- 2 tbsp organic, grass-fed butter, or ghee
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice (about ½ of a lime)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. If available, place a baking rack overtop your baking sheet, greasing it so that salmon won’t stick. The baking rack will allow the bottom of the salmon filets to remain crisp, but it isn’t required – just preferred.
- In a mug, or in a small stovetop saucepan, melt your butter. Mix together with your garlic, chili powder, lime juice and sea salt.
- Place your filets on your baking rack/sheet. Spoon your butter mix evenly over your salmon filets, coating the salmon filets entirely.
- Bake until salmon is opaque and starting to brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and garnish with chives. Serve, and enjoy!