Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes (Paleo!)
I am on a roll! Really hoping I don’t lose my momentum with this. It feels good to be motivated and keep cooking, and it’s great to come up with some creative foods (with my 200 lbs of yams I bought….)
I went to a winery this weekend with some of my friends, and I have to say – it was honestly the best weekend I can remember having. With COVID and having to be home so much, you forget that we are supposed to be social creatures – I was nervous, but it was a calculated risk I was taking, and I make sure to space out at least a week or two between seeing people, just to be extra careful. We went to Penn’s Woods – sat outside, enjoyed some cheese, several bottles of rosé… it was nice to have conversation, get dressed up, put on some mascara and brush my hair for the first time in a few weeks… it’s good for the soul.
Speaking of good for the soul, I want to talk about buffalo sauce. This is not a 180 degree turn, I honestly really have some time of feelings about buffalo sauce. I am loyal to certain brands for certain things (Dijon, you MUST buy Grey Poupon, no off-brand Sriracha – chicken bottle all the way), and Frank’s original buffalo sauce is a sacred staple.
Back in the day, we used to have a bunch of Wings To Go franchises around here. When I was babysitting my brothers and sister, I used to take them there for lunch. They had, without a doubt, the best buffalo sauce ever… but I never knew what it was. It could’ve been Frank’s mixed with lard and unicorn toots, honestly, I will never know. They’re long gone. However, when you find something buffalo flavored and it’s done right, it just hits differently.
This is where I need to share this information with you. I had potatoes from my good friend Vivian’s garden, and they sat on my counter until I decided what to do with them. I could eat a potato plain, I never discriminate against a spud – really. But these were special potatoes… sentimental, if you will.
So – with my leftover chicken from my Pesto Chicken recipe, I made some buffalo chicken stuffed potatoes. They were glorious.
Whatever, let’s just get right to it.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Baker Potatoes (Paleo!)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 7 min (if using microwave), 40-50 min (if using oven)
Makes 2 potatoes
- 2 large red potatoes (or preferred potato if strict paleo or Whole30), scrubbed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast or thigh (approx. 1 large chicken breast, 2-3 thighs)
- 2 tbsp Frank’s Original Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vegenaise, or paleo mayo
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 stalks of scallions, chopped
- Cook potatoes until soft – approximately 5-7 minutes in the microwave, 40-50 minutes in the oven.
- While potatoes are cooking, mix together your shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, mayo, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper, until combined.
- Once your potatoes are cooked, cut a cross-hair shape into the top. Purse the four corners together (like a cootie catcher, lol!). Sprinkle with salt.
- Top with your chicken mixture, and garnish with scallions.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!