- All ingredients should be as close to room temperature as possible!
- 1 large organic egg yolk
- ¼ tsp finely ground Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard (I’m a fan of Grey Poupon… always)
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tssp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup avocado oil
*Note: whisking can be done in place of a food processor– fair warning, you will need some muscle.
- Add egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar and salt to your food processor. Pulse until the mixture is uniform, and bright like the egg yolk.
- Stream in about a third of your oil through the top and blend until emulsified, about one minute.
- Once mixed, continue to blend in the oil in a slow stream until fully emulsified, and blend for another 30 seconds once all of the oil has been added.
Pingback: Your paleo ingredient questions answered! – The Divine Kitchen