I have nothing else really to cover here, outside of the fact that I have cared for my bird problem. A friend advised that a rubber snake behind my car would deter the bird. 12 hours later, and my freshly washed car is still clean. Sarah: 1 – Bird: 0.
What else is there to do in this oppressive heat but sit in the air conditioning and eat? Lets cut right to the chase and talk about the food everyone loves: pizza. Minus the part that upsets my stomach – the crust. Though I do love me some bread, bread does not love me.
Cue… pizza… MUSHROOMS.
Stay with me. Mushrooms take on whatever flavor they’re near…. And with a little flake salt, they make a great base to smother some sauce and cheese on. It’s easy, quick, and delicious, with minimal prep time. Check it out!
Pizza-stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms! (Gluten-Free!)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 10-12 baby bella mushrooms, stems removed, washed and patted dry
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce (I like to take canned tomato sauce and dress it up with minced garlic, salt pepper, oregano, basil and thyme!)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8-10 slices of pepperoni, chopped
- chopped basil, for garnish (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a parchment lined or greased/foil-lined baking sheet, place your mushrooms face up, evenly spaced. Bake for ~10 minutes – this is to get the water out of them initially, so they aren’t soggy.
- Once partially cooked, remove from heat. They will likely have some water pooled in the center – take a paper towel and blot any excess water out. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Next, spoon tomato sauce, between 1 tsp and 1 tbsp, into the mushrooms. It will vary depending on size – but be generous, so there’s flavor.
- Next, add a generous amount of mozzarella cheese, packing into the mushroom if needed. It’s alright if some spills over, as it will melt over the side.
- Lastly, sprinkle your chopped pepperoni across the mushrooms, ensuring they’re placed so they won’t slide off as the cheese melts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is thoroughly melted and pepperoni is crisp.
Garnish with basil, if desired.